PicLits

Yesterday I partnered with a 3rd grade teacher to use the laptops and expose the students to the awesome PicLits website.  Each and every time I work with a different classroom I continue to be amazed at both the computer skills and the enthusiasm to use the laptops that these elementary students exhibit.  I go home each and every day with a smile on my face, and in my heart! 

PicLits is very user/student friendly and our students quickly learned the functions and created some amazing, funny and even thought provoking PicLits.  Last night I created a SMART Notebook lesson including all of the PicLits and today each student will be presenting their PicLit to their classmates. 

If you would like to see their work here are some links:  The Owl, The Lion, The Frog, Dog in the Sand and The Chicken. As you will see our students chose to use the freestyle option, which is a great feature for the younger students who might be a little intimidated by not only the “big words”, but also the “dragging and dropping” feature. ENJOY!

2 thoughts on “PicLits

1. Hello there. I am excited that you found our site. PicLits via a SMART board is awesome if I say so myself. FREESTYLE is sometimes easier and sometimes hard for kids. It depends on the age and level of understanding. Obviously, if you are teaching grammar, punctuation, spelling, vocabulary etc… DRAG-N-DROP offers up verb tenses, capitalization through our technology. Working with NOUNS, VERBS, ADJECTIVES, and ADVERBS and the universal words is best accomplished with DRAG-N-DROP. We often fine more Freestyle users with AP classes and adults but whatever works is always a good plan. Lets all keep writing and communicating correctly. There is way too much ‘garbble” and incomplete sentences to know what the person is trying to say. We hope PICLITS helps. Your feedback and ideas are welcome.
    Thanks, Terry Friedlander, founder
    terry@piclits.com

2. Pingback: Five Card Flickr | Talking SMARTBoards & Much More!