St. Patrick’s Day Activities & Notebook Lesson

With St. Patrick’s Day just a few days away I thought I’d share a few resources that might be helpful.  The first resource is a St. Patrick’s Day Quiz I created using SMART Notebook.  It is a  quick, fun quiz about legends and traditions regarding St. Patrick’s Day.  The other links will bring you to websites that will have intercative activities and lessons about this day to be Irish! Many will work well on the SMARTBoard.

St Patrick Day Quiz Click on this link to download the St. Patrick’s Day Quiz I created using SMART Notebook. ENJOY!

SMART Exchange  also has several Notebook lessons in all subject areas and grade levels, available on their site.

BBC- this site will bring you to a great interactive book on the history of St. Patrick’s Day- ENJOY!
Apples for the Teacher an ebook about the history of Ireland created by a 6th grade class from Leixlip, Ireland. Scroll to the middle of the page to see the ebook. Click on the green arrows to view the pages.
History Channel- various information on St. Patrick’s Day
Woodland Junior School in Great Britain- information about the history of St. Patrick’s Day- scroll down the page to read all of the information.
EL Civics- a brief history of St. Patrick’s Day.
MES Games- match the St. Patrick Day pictures to the words- Good Luck!
St. Patrick’s Day Quiz- Fill in the blanks to complete the sentences about St. Patrick’s Day. use the drop down menu to check your answers.
St. Patrick’s Day Hangman- play this game of hangman with a St. Patrick’s Day twist!
Click and Drag Puzzles- rearrange the puzzle pieces to create the pictures. Click on the following links to try other puzzles- Puzzle 2, Puzzle 3, Puzzle 4
St. Patrick’s Day Word Search-find the St. Patrick Day words.
The Jigzone has a fun puzzle- put the leprachaun hat back together.
The Three Leprachauns- this is  an online animated story written by Daniel, age 10, by Silly Books.                                                        

Posted by on March 14, 2010 at 5:26 pm and tagged ,  | Comments & Trackbacks (2)

2 Responses to “St. Patrick’s Day Activities & Notebook Lesson”

1.   Jason Says:

Anne Marie, thank you for sharing your St Patrick’s Day notebook. My class of 11 year olds enjoyed it and invited another class into the room to share in their wonderful experience.

Thank you

2.   anne marie Says:

Thanks for your comment Jason- my pleasuer. I’m glad to hear that your students enjoyed it! :)